Friday 21 October 2011

Creating the face...

Once the reference planes were in position, the next task was to get to work on creating the polygons individually. I did this by putting on the snap tool, and then created the polygons using the topology on the reference planes as a guideline. This was relatively simple, but the challenge was to not create any triangles. This was the biggest challenge around my nose, but I managed to work around this and create a fairly managable set of polygons. Once all were created, all the vertexes were all relatively close to each other and they needed to be welded at this point, but before I could weld them, I needed to select one poly and convert it to an editable poly (this is to create a surface) and attach all the other polygons to the first one, the task then was to simply select all the vertecies and then use the weld tool to connect them to their nearest vertex. This then created a complete surface to start working on to model into the shape of my face.

Once this was completed, I needed to use the left had viewing panel and I simply pulled the vertecies into position and put them into the places I felt they needed to be to create the correct shape of my head. As I was putting the vertecies into place, the face was beginning to take shape, I made sure that I tried my best to keep the vertecies in a similar position as they were in the other image, but some of them just looked out of place, so I positioned them as I thought better.

Once completed I have half a face, this is my progress...


No comments:

Post a Comment