Friday 14 October 2011

Starting Out.

First of all, we needed to map out the contours of our faces, I found this quite difficult as I have high cheekbones, but could not really point them out as I wasn't smiling in the images.

Using photoshop to draw out the contour lines of the face and usaing the rulers was a real help and wasn't really that difficult at all. 



Once I had the basic lines finished, the next task was to complete the topology, though the video was very helpful, the man in the video has a very different face, so trying to complete it as well as he did was a challenge. The biggest challenge I encountered was making sure that there were no triangles and making sure that every poly had four vertexes and lines. Also, making sure the lines flowed together and went in the right directions was a little tricky, but eventually I managed to get going and complete the topology in a reasonably quick time!


Now the two images of my face were lined up, and the topology on the front of my face was completed, it was time to get the image loaded up into 3DS Max and onto a refence plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment