Wednesday 21 December 2011

UV Mapping

I made an attempt at the UV mapping on the face model, although I did encounter a few problems which I just couldn't seem to fix. The face model seemed to have lots of inverted faces and they were also overlapping with each other. This made it difficult when I was creating the template. I also couldn't find just one seam to use, which is probably why I had such difficulty in creating the texture. If I had some more time to do this assignment again I would love to make another attempt at making my face, as through making the mistakes I have in this assignment, I would like to think a second attempt would be much better. So the UV mapping was a rushed job in the end as the group were working towards getting the Guildhall finished and rendered. Also the problems encountered explain why the whole of my template in photoshop is covering the entire page. I would work to improve this a lot if I was to do this again.

The eye was also a rushed sphere with a texture, this was added on the last day of working on the face and was only made in two minutes, if we'd have structured our time on the Guildhall a lot better I would have had more time to make this look better.



Inverted Faces

Overlapped Faces

The ear went very strange when pulling it apart
Ready to attempt to add a texture
Unfortunately the issues encoutered meant this had to take up the entire work area

No comments:

Post a Comment